The local Sons of Confederate Veterans chapter has found at last the old Robinson Family Cemetery, where some Confederate veterans are buried.
After months of searching in the wrong location, they found it on Carters Mill Road. Now renamed the Carter’s Mill Road Cemetery, it contains the graves of Walter Jacob Robinson and John Widgeon.
This week, they went to Widgeon’s grave, a cavalry company soldier who served in the Civil War, and put his displaced headstone right.
According to Ashley Pollette, historian for the Theophilus West M.D. Camp #1346 chapter, Widgeon’s granite headstone had been unsettled from its place by tree roots.