THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION: SOUTHERN VIEWS
It is my pleasure to announce the scheduling of the 2013 Stephen Dill Lee Institute in St. Augustine, Florida, at the Renaissance Hotel on February 1-2.
Hosting the event will be the Florida Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. It is the aim of the Institute to examine the ramifications of the Emancipation Proclamation from an academic perspective, which truly differs from prevailing contemporary mainstream dogma.
We are pleased to announce the following will speak at the event:
1. Donald Livingston -- "How the North Failed to Respond to the Moral Challenge of Slavery"
2. Colonel Jonathan White -- "Forty Acres and a Mule: Miscarriages of Justice in Post-Emancipation Federal Policy"
3. Kirkpatrick Sale --Emancipation Hell: The Disaster the Emancipation Proclamation Wrought"
4. Marshall De Rosa --"Emancipation in the Confederacy: What the Ruling Class doesnt want you to know and why"
5. Kent Masterson Brown -- To be Announced
Please join us and our outstanding faculty for a one of a kind academic experience on February 1-2, 2013.
We will soon have our website, www.StephenDillLeeInstitute.com up and running with event and hotel information. Thanks for supporting our efforts.
Stephen Dill Lee Institute